View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by yambike View Post
Speaking only for myself. I didn’t really choose to allow my perpetual license to lapse in Feb 2021. My limited attention was 100% focused on cancer treatment at the time.
Sorry to hear that and certainly an understandable oversight. Being it was only just this Feb. , you might try calling customer support and see if they could offer some kind of reinstatement ? But if they don't once again as noted the annul renewal price is the same for a perpetual or a subscription with a $100 discount for the first year of of the subscription so there is that ......

That said : Most of the expired perpetual licenses were in fact self chosen, and most of those choosing to let it expire were simply trying to game the system by letting the license expire and then getting a discounted reinstatement a few years later, and saving some money over re-upping every year. That Avid put a stop to that, is pretty predictable and understandable .....

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...