View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Yes that is my understanding also. Thing is, honestly I don't see a significant issue per se ???
Since it was you who let it lapse, you were apparently ok with it being frozen at the version you were on in 2020...........

You seem to be exactly who this promo is targeted at. You can still keep and be able to use your frozen perpetual version But you will also be able to subscribe to a current subscription update/support plan for $100 less than if you were to have kept current and renewed a (non lapsed) perpetual upgrade/support plan , at least for the first year,,, and then you can continue to subscribe at the same price as renewing a non lapsed perpetual upgrade/support plan (ergo I don't see an issue)

The only difference of course is your perpetual will not be upgradeable which apparently seems to be the choice you made in 2020 ,,,understanding I may not know your entire specific story, is you choosing to let it expire the situation ? Or am I missing something ?
Speaking only for myself. I didn’t really choose to allow my perpetual license to lapse in Feb 2021. My limited attention was 100% focused on cancer treatment at the time.

Last edited by yambike; 09-13-2021 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Signature reappeared