View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 PM

Default Re: CoreAudio Manager/Standalone Driver for Tiger, Kernel Panic when launched

Dougfather,
Thanks for your reply. My experience with this driver is definitely shaping up that way. My problem right now is a tight budget vs. a need to finish recordings. I was using the analog input on the Mac Pro (old school, I know) but that has started to short out. So I have been hunting for an interface for the long run but need to continue work on recordings right now. Seemed like good luck that my friend came along to loan me the 002. But, as you have pointed out, with my set up it is becoming a pain. Hopefully someone else has had this issue and knows of a fix. Regardless, I appreciate your recommendations and will definitely be checking out the MOTU boxes. The Mac Pro is my main desktop system and the reason I record on it. But I also have new Macbook Pro that I may migrate to. Especially if I go with a newer interface. Do you have any experience with the new MOTU boxes on newer vs. older Macs? My Mac Pro isn't ancient, but as you pointed out with the introduction of the new Retina Macbooks, a lot of what is featured on even 5 year old computers is becoming obsolete.