Thread: Mackie Big Knob
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Mackie Big Knob

Quote:
Of course if you've got a 192 then the Big knob miight make more sense
Actually, I do use the presonus thing with a 192. If Im using only ProTools then I monitor with the 192 D/A's. The digital input isnt really a major selling point for me other than that its one extra useful option to have for a consumer cd player input. What really matters to me is I wouldnt want to have the Mackie device on my studio table furniture with all those cables coming out of it. I like the simplicity of the single cable that goes from the Central Station to the Remote that sits on the desktop. It give two separate spots to hit the talkback button, which can be spread apart nicely so the producer and engineer arent stepping on each others toes. Its just cleaner looking. I would also assume that the quality build of both are probably about the same. Maybe the mackie thing is a bit more pro, but with all passive electronics I would think that they both are in the same boat. The Presonus thing defintely feels a little amateurish, (the mackie thing not much better tho) but its features and setup options were the selling point for me after looking into a bunch of different monitoring boxes.

What ever works best for the individual tho right?
MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•