View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: freeze during playback

Quote:
No, I am not running DV. I know Digi's reccomendations have always been lower, but I have been running 64 track sessions with 20 other virtual tracks since Pro Tools 4.3.2 TDM cubed. And i have never had problems.
But you are having problems now.

If it were me, I'd add another FW drive and split the load between two drives. I'd also check Oxford 911 firmware. To eliminate guess work, I'd also totally clear off your current FW work drive and do a complete low level re-format.

Quality FW drives are cheap (unless you buy them from Glyph). It pays to have some redundancy, not to mention better load distribution.

It's possible that it's not a drive related problem. Still, I think it would really pay to take the above steps, just to rule out the possibility. The FW drive's power supply could also be on the way out.

Also, if you haven't been inside your computer for some time, it would pay to open it up, blow the dust out (I like using an electric leaf blower for this task - just remember to keep the unit plugged in but not turned on to drain static - especially if you're in a low humidity area), and then reseat all cards, memory sticks and cables, treating all contacts and edge connectors with a high quality stabilant like Caig Pro-Gold.

Lee Blaske