Thread: 2meniwirz
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 02:54 PM

Default Re: 2meniwirz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Avid and DigiDesign boxes do not run hot, they do not need spaces between. Just place them lowest so they are not heated by other stuff. You know which boxes run hot so maybe good idea to leave space around, in addition to placing them to the top.
Well there is a big ole warning that comes with the 192s about not blocking or disabling the fan because it causes trouble and voids the warranty. It says to leave room around the fan. Yet there are rack ears, so go figure......

I'll find the language and post it so you see what I am talking about. I used to just sit them on a table stacked one on top of another. But I need to get them in a rack now, unless its gonna cook them.

"Warning!
• HD audio interfaces need room at their sides to maintain proper air flow and cooling.
• Do not install these units into a rack or other enclosure that doesn't leave room on either side for the unit fans.
• Do not block the sides of the units (where fans are), or disconnect the fan.
• If the units are racked up in a case, remove all lids, doors, or covers before operating the units.
• Failure to do so can result in the units overheating very quickly, which can permanently damage them."

Sounds like they are really fragile they way they put it. I just have them in a regular size wooden rack. There is a bit of room on the sides, but not a foot of open space. No front or back to the rack, but there is a top. I guess they'll be o.k.? I just wonder because they probably don't service these much anymore. I wonder if my HD Accel system would run good with the newer HD interfaces? Maybe there is a trade-up?

Best,

mightyduck

Last edited by mightyduck; 07-12-2020 at 03:17 PM.