View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Can't relink in Pro Tools 2022.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DozeMusic View Post
Hello,

I have MXFs from MC I need to relink in PT Studio 2022.7 (tried with .5 also). They have the exact same names, different Ids, so I've checked "find by name" only. They are not the original MXFs from the AAF, because the original ones didn't have the metadata from the recorder.

Pro-Tools won't relink them. It relinked a small bunch of them after I tried to link them in the exact same way 100 times before. Then another time it linked half of the MXFs of the whole project and stopped there. Since then it doesn't ink anything.

We are 2 months late on production because of this. It's driving us totally crazy we don't know what to do. Please help us!!

This sometimes happens because the editor did consolidate the files properly and or exported them from his desk without all of the files being in the same folder he gives you. At least I have had that happen with projects coming in as AAF or OMF non embedded as a single file or not consolidated. This happen in that case that the folder was incomplete. That's all I've got on a Sunday. Good luck-:)

G

Thank you very much. Tell me if you need more information!
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS