View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Deliver Mix Sessions to platforms Amazon / Netflix / ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbenjamin View Post
If you read these EULAs, as I have, it is pretty obvious that their concern relates to the use of these as ringtones or toys. In other words, a situation in which you are using their sounds as single source entities. Having them in a film or TV show is expressly permitted. I can’t imagine handing over discrete files for use in distributing the TV show could be an issue. And I’m not worried about it. It is simply not within the scope of that EULA to imagine that use as one that contradicts the spirit of the agreement. They don’t want you to monetize their work, beyond using it in a synchronized work. I’m not doing that by handing over the mix session. I’m just allowing others to use my work in the most flexible way possible in the future if needed.
I usually read the EULAs of new software, actually, and my opinion is it's obvious you have not, or heard much about all the intellectual property situations over the years in various courts in various countries. If you think each situation people are describing here as possible copyright infringement is obvious to dismiss, you're not understanding that judges decide these things, not your feelings.

1) Sample A is owned by The Sample Company Inc.
2) EULA says "only synchronized version is good, no raw sample."
3) Your mix session contains raw Sample A for Movie B by The Movie Movers Productions.
4) Giving your mix session to The Movie Movers Production 100% violates the EULA.
5) Many sampling library EULAs indeed talk about stems. It's obviously come up before, but the above stands.

Your perspective is random arm waving and gesturing in a world run by contract law.

Haha, the following is shared with only the remark that the important thing to what I am saying is that these cases went to a court almost or at all:
https://listverse.com/2018/07/15/top...ims-ever-made/
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //