View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Deliver Mix Sessions to platforms Amazon / Netflix / ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanbenjamin View Post
Besides, you’re doing a work for hire. Where’s the intellectual property? The secret of my dialogue chain? What reverb I used for the dream sequence? intellectual property refers to something that will cause you economic damage if taken from you.
"In general terms, intellectual property is any product of the human intellect that the law protects from unauthorized use by others. The ownership of intellectual property inherently creates a limited monopoly in the protected property." - Cornell University

will cause you economic damage represents one possible consequence, the one giving you harms monetarily. That's not all there is to it. It's way more basic. Even with a string of words, like 17 syllables, a haiku, it's all words that have existed for hundreds of years, but a unique haiku is totally intellectual property even if no one prints it on blocks and throws em at you to do damage!

Except that your comments are a hyperbole and miss the mark legally and even that basic definitions of concepts are getting skewed, I will respond no further.

Oh well.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //