View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Deliver Mix Sessions to platforms Amazon / Netflix / ...

I don’t think my creativity derives from my template, or from how I EQed a scene. There is nothing particularly unique about that. My creativity derives from how I approach every situation, which is always different, and to the interaction between the needs of the project and the needs of my client.

If Crate and Barrel contracts with a designer to design a dining room set, you bet they’re getting every last blueprint, revision, sample, etc. You’re essentially claiming that if C&B asks for the designers pencils at the end of the job, they’ll never hire him again because they can easily design the next dining room set they need, and so he shouldn’t give them the pencils.

Besides, you’re doing a work for hire. Where’s the intellectual property? The secret of my dialogue chain? What reverb I used for the dream sequence? intellectual property refers to something that will cause you economic damage if taken from you. And I don’t think someone can take my template and do what I do. I’m not losing a job because I sent Netflix anything. But if you want to play the exalted artist card, you bet you’ll lose work. Imagine telling a post super that as an artist, you can’t send Netflix all the materials they expect to get. Imagine that post super calling you again.

Last edited by evanbenjamin; 04-07-2023 at 09:38 PM.