View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Migrating VI's from old Mac Pro to Mac Studio Ultra

Oh! this is great info. Extremely good info and saved me some serious gnashing of teeth trying to decide on the information provided by the vendors. I have been in close touch with Sonnet and they are very good, responsive people. I'll get the Avid Expansion Chassis for the HDX card just because I don't want to or have much time for tinkering and because it should have its own TBolt port to itself. So part of my angst is settled.
The Sonnet Echo III / Sonnet PCIe card will be for the VI samples.

My indecisiveness with the Sonnet Echo III / Sonnet PCI card is that I will probably only use one PCIe card in it. I guess that's okay.

Do you guys know of a good solution for my old SSD drives? I'd like to use them and have looked at various solutions to host them but can't make up my mind. Maybe I can use them for Pro Tools sessions? Good idea? I could make them into a Raid 0 maybe? I don't think it's a good idea to use the NVMe TBolt port for Pro Tools data or the Sonnet Echo III etc port. Mac Studio Ultra has four discreet ports.
Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Mac Studio Ultra / 128 RAM/2TB HD / Avid HDX Chassis / 2 X Sonnet Echo Dual NVMe Thunderbolt Docks w Samsung 970 EVO Plus (6TB) / Avid C24 / Avid 16X16 I/O Analog / Lynx Aurora 16/16 1/O Analog / Dangerous 2 Bus / Benchmark ADC1
www.glasswing.com
www.richardsales.com