View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Will Carbon work with Live11 and Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwavo View Post
What about using Carbon with soft synth such as Kontact player ? Is anyone having issues with the latency since these are not DSP plugs in PT or using stand alone with the AVB core audio output… how is the playing / feel / latency vibe ?
Unfortunately there is no definitive answer

First it depends entirely on what specific work flow situation you are talking about or using and how much native VI processing your going to have running while trying to record

That said First :::
I think the notion at AVB (itself ) introduces any significant noticeable latency compared to TB or USB3 is a bit misleading I have not seen any actual round trip latency figures for Carbons latency But for example MOTU states 1.6 ms for TB and 1.9 for USB
I am guessing that Carbon is may be more, but the real question is how much more ? 2 ms , 3ms 5 ms. and would those even be noticeable for most people ?

I think the real issue with using VI's is the Native processing latency which I am guessing is going to be more effected by your computers speed, than connection protocol

Personally I have had no issues but my in workflow I am usually not running a bunch of native VI and or tons other native FX and then trying to record audio over that .

I usually record from three to six audio tacks first with the DSP (which is where Carbon shines IMO) then I may record a VI or two over that

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...