View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 07:22 PM

Default Re: lost ilok protools 9 using 003 rack trying to recover tunes

Yeah that's kind of like getting a copy of a key without the original in your hand.

Least hassle is a new one month subscription, try to open and export your old tunes, walk away.

Definitely, your old license is quite gone if the iLok is gone. You would have to de-authorize the key, like an apartment building deleting a stolen fob. Then iLok manager would allow the transfer to new key.

It is kind of like "do not copy" - it can or >should not be copied and used unauthorized. I think you may have been arrogant, for the record. Simple situation, you lost the car and key, not just the key, that is a better analogy for your situation.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //