View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Avid Eleven rack editor issue

Avid did not drop the ball. They threw it far away. The core of the Eleven Rack product team left the company long ago, likely pushed out. That we got the last updated drivers was a nice surprise, but the driver updates likely have little to do with anything in the Eleven Rack and can be done by others.

By all means see what support does, but I wanted you to not get hopes up too much here.

All else I'd try is trash the Editor app, empty the trash, reboot the computer and Eleven Rack and reinstall the editor. BTW the Editor has nothing to do with the Eleven Rack driver... it communicates with the Eleven Rack via Class Compliant USB MIDI. You should be able to see the Eleven Rack in Audio MIDI setup MIDI studio. You can make sure no other software is trying to use that MIDI, and I would try a different USB cable and different USB ports on the computer. If going through a USB hub try it directly connected. But with these MIDI things it's much less likely to be the USB cable than with audio interface issues.