Thread: Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Dilemma

[QUOTE]
The general rule for ProTools is to buy the fastest processor you can afford[QUOTE]

i cant disaggre more! sorry ,but if no one has noticed that the G5 series is a killer, thats too bad. you have all forgotten what we have done before with G4 400....and even less , G5 is a super fast processor and pro results are defenite with even single G5 , so i see no reason spending such amount of money for a machine that in about 2 years would be really "history" of the Mac familly , as we all know they have declared a transition , and in about 2 years all macs would carry "intel inside" sticker , no reason at all buying more than one can afford , and if you can afford such a machine i woudent call it a real "dilemma" but an heavenlly question...furthermore , protools can run only on one processor, you cant really optimaize your setup with 2 , as you can only run 32 tracks of audio, if you are ruuning logic 7 pro , a super dual G52.7 (or even 2 of them at the time)would be apretty good reason for it as it would give you setup powerfuul as a nice tdm system , but with protools LE i believe that differances wont be outstanding with all the respect! if you got so much money get good convertors, preamps and mics , that would upgrade your setup ,
as for softwere synth's , i am running mach five sample tank and reason - ultrafocus and stylus at once with a G5 1.8 single with only 768 Ram , i have never expireanced a problem unless i am not playing 5 samples of 512Mb at once , so get a good G5 pleanty of Ram and get going with your music
neumann tlm103
Tlaudio 5051 v.2
genelec 1030
yamaha p-90