View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Softube Console 1

Its not going to work. Not because of AAX, but because of the limitations of Pro Tools Free. Then, there is a bit more to consider. You got the Console 1 hardware, but did you also get the iLok asset and access to the software. Without the software, the hardware is a door stop. with the software, you can use it with most any current DAW. If you don't have funds to buy Pro Tools(the regular version), then check out Reaper. Its free to try and cheap to buy. Check with softube(if you DO have the license) as I am pretty sure they have a VST version, which should work with Reaper, Studio One, Logic, etc.

Pro Tools First is a very stripped version and is meant(in my mind anyway) as a teaser to get folks to buy the full version(of course, there is a 30 day free demo of the full version). In any case, you will need an iLok(unless softube allows for other licensing) and the Console 1 software. The other option(if you got the entire package) is to sell the Console 1(the basic package goes for somewhere around $400 on the used market). Having owned one 2 years ago, it does have some cool aspects, but it also has some annoying limitations and quirks. For me, I can't say I miss it

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave