View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:15 PM

Default iSight - iChat AV w/ Digi core audio - problem

Is anyone using an iSight w/ iChat AV? It works fine (amazing technology, actually) - HOWEVER - I can't get the audio from iChat to feed Digi core audio.

If protools is running, no issues, as I have a line out from the computer into a protools input pair.

HOWEVER (gasp) there are times when PT is not running, and I'm using apple's suite of iLife apps - and I want to hear audio from the mac via Digi core audio -- this works great (Jam, Toast, Safari, Soundtrack Pro, etc...) -- Digi core audio starts up and no issues.

UNTIL - I launch iChat AV w/ an iSight camera. In iChat AV, there is a preferene to select sound output as either "line out" or "Digidesign HW (HD)" -- unfortunately, it will not let me select "Digidesign HW (HD)" - if I select it, it pops back to "line out".

Anyone else trying use iSight/iChat AV? Besides only using line out, is there a trick to make the Digi core audio driver work with iChat?

I found a thread on the LE forum, but the solution didn't appy to HD.

This only happens from this one application - all other core audio apps seem to be working and the driver seems to working correctly.

Any thoughts? Digi?

PS -- I have QT pro authorized. I was using QT 7.0 - then 7.0.1, now 7.0.3 -- no difference in how this beahves.

Thanks.