View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 11:45 AM

Default Pro Tools First Not Working with Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3

I am trying to use my Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3 USB audio interface as my playback device with Pro Tools First. However, when I try to open a new project, I get the following error message: "Some inputs or outputs may have become inactive because your audio hardware device has changed". I am not able to hear any playback through my Focusrite interface.

I have tried some solutions that I have found in similar threads on here, such as making sure that the Focusrite is not the default audio device in use by Windows, and restarting Pro Tools. I have also tried making sure that the Focusrite is selected as the playback device, and it is, although I am not able to select an input channel, and the output channel is grayed out. However, no matter what I try, I continue to get the same error message and am unable to hear any playback through my Focusrite interface.

Is there anything else I can do to resolve this issue? I am unable to make use of Pro Tools First if I cannot get the playback hardware to work with it.

Here are some of my technical specs:

Device Specifications
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows Specifications
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 20H2
OS build: 19042.1466
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0