View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Are my internal NVMe drives causing PT to crash when recording multiple tracks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetar777 View Post
SO, you're in luck.....I have the EXACT same problem. Started about 3 weeks ago for me. Mac Pro 2019 12 core OSX 10.15.7. Pro Tools Ultimate as of 1 week ago, but was having same issue with Pro Tools standard. System hang while recording. Hard restart required. This system ran great for months. Internal OWC SSD 1 TB drive.

Any ideas or fixes so far??

I'm, not sure who to contact Avid or Apple. I contacted OWC. I ran Softraid which reported the drive is fine, but I still don't believe it's good.
So the first test I would do is try that identical session on the internal Apple boot/system SSD. I would make sure nothing else is using that OWC drive and unmount it from the system, or maybe even pull it out of its slot. You just want to as quickly as possible exclude/include the OWC drive as a suspect--especially since these problems are typically more likely to be caused by a corrupt session or software compatibility issue, like plugins or interface drivers than caused by storage devices.

And just to be cautious, you don't know you have the _EXACT_ same problem (or at least not he same cause) as anybody else posting in this thread, all you have sofar is some of the same problem symptoms. It _might_ be a very different cause.

You can also look though the multiple logs (in Console.app) for any "interesting" errors that happen around the time you see a problem. If lost there ask for help.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-29-2021 at 08:27 PM.