View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 PM

Default Multiple Interfaces?

Hello!

I have tried to search for this answer, but do not seem to find it. First, I am a new user to ProTools land. For Post Production work, I just bought a Digi Rack 003 in anticipation of PT8 and the complete pack so I can do surround mixing.

I just finished a project that started in Final Cut, then Sound Track Pro, then Logic and then finally into Digital Performer 6 where I finished it. Needless to say, this was a painful process.

That said, I would consider myself and expert with DP6, Logic 8 and unfortunately Sound Track Pro. While I plan on continuing to use Logic for music writing (as I really like the Midi implementation), I am VERY distraught over audio file work in DP and Logic. For long projects they are just...just too full of bugs and limitations that caused countless hours of rework and frustration.

So, one of the things I can do with DP or Logic is use multiple interfaces. Yes, I am aware of the ADAT port. Currently in DP I can use my 2 896HDs with an Apoggee Rosetta 200 hooked up to one of them. I use a lot of inputs due to my collection of Hardware Synths.

Can I do this with PT8? Can I select 2 two Digidesign interfaces?

I externally sync everything with a Lucid GenX6 wordclock (which works great).

Ultimately, I'd like to get rid of the 896HDs if I can get that kind of operation with PTLE, but I also realize I'd be able to use multiple 003s just as the 896s in the other applications.

Rick
Asylum Studio Productions