View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 04:53 AM

Default Re: So, no renewal. We stay at 2020.

I think it is quite possible to have a company that meets the current demands in terms of market and remunerative capitalism, at the same time as it responds to its customers and to the competition. More than possible, it is even desirable. And that should bring even more customers, and therefore money. There is a possible match. The problem with Avid is not there, essentially. He is in a mysterious stubbornness in seeing only himself, and in the inability of his development team to appreciate the successes his competitors are experiencing. Developing ARA, is it that hard? Developing Expressions Maps, or an Avid-signed system, is it that difficult? Allowing macros or parallel shortcuts (I would say without being able to modify existing shortcuts), is it that difficult? Making the link with Softude for its Console 1, is it so difficult? Removing excessive penalties for breaks, or establishing a more respectful mechanic, is it so difficult? No. No more than it was years ago when PT abandoned the requirement to use its own systems (some of which were very bad). These elements of liberation for PT would bring a gain to the company. - Same thing for Sibelius, which is being crushed by Dorico (among other things by Dorico's ability to automate controllers for playback and to create major templates for VST instruments). - etc., etc. Avid just seems incapable of doing this. It is not technical incapacity, because Avid demonstrates a great art of programming at times. I think it is blindness. I have known a lot of in-house companies, big and small. They are like individuals. There are psychological and cultural blockages. This is the case with Avid.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com