View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 11:12 PM

Default Re: So, no renewal. We stay at 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
You and me both. As well as a lot of other Avid customers. The question is - what is Avid's problem? Is it upper management?
Maybe I'm too cynical, but it seems to me like yet another example of corporate capitalism's inevitable prioritization of profit over customer experience. It's happened with so many companies. Corporations have a fiduciary duty to do what will maximize shareholder profits, so if strong-arming people into subscription models while simultaneously defunding development and bug fixing, and cutting customer support means more profits, then that's what they will do.

I am in the process of retiring from professional music production. I bought a perpetual academic license a couple of years ago while I was in school (after being on HD for a decade; I couldn't justify the $2500 to upgrade from HD10 to HD12), and one final annual support plan before the price went up. Watching what Avid is doing is making me feel very lucky to be getting out of it now. I can keep using academic until my Mac Pro dies. But I'm glad not to be giving Avid any more of my money.

/rant