View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 05:33 PM

Default Re: No activation code for Melodyne

This was a total PIA for me to get working... I thought I'd provide my experience in how I finally got it working in case anyone else is struggling.

1. In order to activate the license (found in the "my gifts" area of your Product Portal as outlined above) you have to insert the plugin on a track, activate it, then restart Pro Tools. Except mine still wouldn't work. I read somewhere that it needs to be version 5.1, but for some reason Pro Tools only had version 4.0 installed. Tried to update via the plugin, which downloaded version 4.2, still wouldn't work.

Had to go to the Celemony website and download a trial version of Melodyne Studio 5.1 - and boom, we have lift off. Seems like it installed that and licensed it automatically to be Melodyne Essential - that's what it says on the plug in.

Playing around with it and it is working well. I think there could be better implementation of the conversion parameters, such as threshold and ignore shorter notes, maybe they'll get around to that later. But this feature has been long overdue for PT users, so getting used to ironing out the wrinkles of using it is a small price to pay!

EDIT: I think that I may have had an old "gift" version of Melodyne 4.0 installed, even so the PT installer didn't over-write with the latest version and the plugin updater didn't either.

Last edited by Bigbottomend; 11-12-2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: more info