View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:14 PM

Default Re: 2020.3 on Windows 10 - video corruption and cannot uninstall

You’re not alone with the video issue....I’ve spent HOURS and HOURS trying everything I know how to do, and everything suggested in the e-mail I got from AVID support, and all I get when trying to enable the video engine is, it getting stuck in a loop trying to initialize. Shoot, I even re-downloaded & extracted the installers in the hope that it was something as simple as a corrupt installer.
This suggestion:

a. Remove this folder (even if there is nothing inside):
C:\Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-ins\AMA

b. Remove all the plug-ins inside of:
C:\Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-ins

Resulted in Pro Tools hanging on the opening splash screen and not launching AT ALL. So I uninstalled-reinstalled EVERYTHING, and after days of futzing around with it, I’m back where I started. (By the way, there’s numerous reports of omf imports being broken in 2020.3)
If I need to bring video into it (which I do, frequently) my best option is my 10.3.10 co-install, which Avid says “isn’t Win 10 compatible,” but at least IT works!
I had let my support plan lapse at PT HD 12.4, and frankly feel like I’ve been had, paying over $1k to get these updates that have crippled my workflow. But I don’t foresee making that mistake again. As the old saying goes, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME. 12.4 is looking pretty good again.

Last edited by sw rec; 04-07-2020 at 09:50 PM.