View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Want a good basic filter for vocals or whateve

Quote:
That's a very sophisticated and cosmetic plug-in with crazy routing options, intended for making very unnatural effects, much like an analog synthesizer's effects but with raw audio as the tone generator. I'm not sure what aspects you're looking to find in another plug-in. Is there another one exactly like it? I doubt it. Are there others that have similar aspects? Yes, lots.

And the term "filter" is vague and does not refer to this sort of plug-in specifically. I find it odd that Antares would give such a complex effect a name that doesn't reflect how complex it is. It's like calling a computer a calculator. True, but simplistic.

Somewhere on Digidesign's site is a comprehensive list of all RTAS plug-ins, try window shopping for something similar.
Intersting points. I have downloaded it and its free for a 10 day trial and its about $160 at Sam Ash .com . I'm checkin it out. I'm lookin for alot of bang for the buck as I'm on a tight budget.

I do see that it has a learning curve for sure for a guy (myself) that has very little experience with filtering at this point. It has delay effects that are crazy and you can do midi controlled routing stuff with it as well. The simple filtering aspect I was looking for was like muffled (high pass?) bass that filters up to normal and then progresses into a high frequency (low pass?) bass sound. I guess what I want is a filter that first and foremost effects the whole audio signal by being able to get rid of different frequencies to create high frequencies ONLY or low frequencies ONLY or mid frequencies ONLY as desired. Messing with it so far I have only been able to figure out how to create a cool delay effect but the original sound seems to still be there so far. It seems that there is a "bandwidth" option that might do what I want? I have a feeling I'm gonna need the whole 10 days to undestand this plug-in . It seems to have alot of bang for the buck though if it in fact does this basic filtering I want. Thanks for the input . Oh...by the way... its been real decent on my CPU which happens to be a 1.7 Pentium 4 . I'm also still working with the Digi 001 6.4 if that mattars at all.

DJ