View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Mixing Window, AutoMatch Indicator, can't change track volume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVaschon View Post
I had this exact same problem. For some odd reason, the volume fader on a particular track seemed to have a mind of it's own and get stuck on a certain volume level. When I would turn it up, it would pull itself back down and when it turned it down, it would pull itself back up. Even when I clicked "all" I was able to turn all tracks down but this one. I didn't do anything manually to change the volume level of this track so I had no idea why it started acting this way.

Ultimately, I clicked onto [audio volume] and then grabbed the audio line and moved it up and down randomly. Then I put it back to position "0". Strangely enough, that stopped it from wacking out on me and I haven't had anymore trouble with it.

Perhaps that will work for you as well.
I am having the same issue. I might have a track with some simple automation written, let's just say a few volume increases and decreases, but as soon as I launch the session the arrow down AutoMatch is stuck on and the fade is out of position all the way down. In other words the session does not load with the volume fader in the correct position on a track that might have a simple volume automation applied to it. The arrow down light is on and does not change when the animation is supposed to, as the track progresses once play is activated. I can make the automation inactive and that doesn't help. I might move the fader and expect the fader to return to the correct position, but that doesn't help. The volume fade is just stuck, or returns to the bottom position as soon as I let go of the fader. I'm not in the process of writing animation, and none of the animation settings appear out of place. In fact, any animation I do is typically with a mouse, just drawing an increase or decrease as needed, with as few inflection points as needed. And this didn't just start happening. I've been plagued with this issue for years, through many version updates. Usually restarting Protools clears out the few tracks that might be affected with this AutoMatch ghost in the machine. I've recently found that the arrows were called AutoMatch and now have the small Automation window open and to the side. By hitting SUSPEND and the reactivating, the highlighted AutoMatch arrows disappear and my faders all function as expected. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm trying to figure out if the name AutoMatch would give me a clue as to what is going on - what is being matched? Can anyone offer some advice or help?