View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Mixing Window, AutoMatch Indicator, can't change track volume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVaschon View Post
I had this exact same problem. For some odd reason, the volume fader on a particular track seemed to have a mind of it's own and get stuck on a certain volume level. When I would turn it up, it would pull itself back down and when it turned it down, it would pull itself back up. Even when I clicked "all" I was able to turn all tracks down but this one. I didn't do anything manually to change the volume level of this track so I had no idea why it started acting this way.

Ultimately, I clicked onto [audio volume] and then grabbed the audio line and moved it up and down randomly. Then I put it back to position "0". Strangely enough, that stopped it from wacking out on me and I haven't had anymore trouble with it.

Perhaps that will work for you as well.
This is called automation and is written data on the track. Depending on the Automation Mode you are in, the fader will act differently. My suggestion is you do some reading on the different types of automation and modes offered in Pro Tools or watch some tutorials on volume automation