View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Session Template is causing Unlinked files when reopened

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Personally, I like using the Dashboard>Create when Pro Tools first opens or File>Create if I'm starting a new session when I'm finished the one I'm working on. Just name the session, choose the Sample and Bit Rate if necessary and location and go. I have several Templates, but the ones I use most are for Auditions, Remote session direction via Microsoft Teams, Zoom or similar, Remote session recording via SonoBus or Source-Connect and Reading To Video with a remote producer directing. Each Template has all the Tracks, Plug-ins, Layout, Routing, I/O, Grid setting, Nudge setting, Counter setting, Busses and Sends, Pre Roll and Window Configurations needed for a particular project. I can also save any audio with a Template, but make sure the audio is in the proper folder created and on the drive it should be.

For me, this is much easier than creating a blank session, navigating to a "master" session, choosing the items to Import and then having to change any settings that can't be imported to what I need for the project.

As always, YYMV.
In the past I had templates like this. I don't do that much voicing to video with a director anymore. My clients are mainly TV affiliates so it's all done to the time specified. Occasionally they'll send a finished promo and I'll voice to the scratch track. If I'm going live I just use the Source connect Standard app.

Jeff