View Single Post
Old 05-29-2001, 08:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: DIGI001 and Logic Audio - DIGIDESIGN & Emagic, PLEASE CLARIFY

Quote:
Originally posted by johnwesleybarker:<LI>MIDI - USING Digi001 OMS Driver v5.0.1 as recommended, the NOTE data becomes erratic, NOTEOFF becomes another (usually lower) pitch.
-This was addressed with Direct I/O v5.1, available at:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/directio.html

Quote:
<LI>DAE -6008 error reported following LAP quit on launching PTLE.
-This error is memory related. This may be caused if Logic Audio is not giving a sufficient amount of memory back to the system heap, or if the memory settings for PT LE are set incorrectly.

-Reduce the Disk Cache in the Memory Control Panel to 512k and restart the computer.

-Reset the Minimum and Preferred sizes of DAE and Pro Tools back to their default settings. Highlight each field in their "Get Info" windows, type a 0 and press Enter on the numerical keypad.

Quote:
<LI>In LAP there are numerous choices of external hardware options but only in DIRECT I/O settings is there mention of the DIGI001. Please update the user interface to accomodate DIGI001 users.
-Digidesign Direct I/O (the offical title) is what we call our "software interface" which allows other host-based audio engines communicate with our hardware. Direct I/O is the only means by which third parties can communicate with Digi001 hardware.

Quote:
<LI>The use LAP as MIDI Sequencer with PTLE for AUDIO via OMS IAC (Inter Application Channel) via MTC (MIDI Time Code) transmit from PTLE and LAP via MMC (MIDI Machine Control) seems impossible to achieve due to faults addressing the DIGI001.
-Make sure that you do not have Transmit Sync enabled in Logic, thus creating a MTC loop and causing erratic behavior. In Logic, make sure that Options>Settings>OMS Preferences>Input Mapping is set to receive on only one bus of the OMS IAC bus. Having multiple ports enabled might give you strange results.

Brent