View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 01:41 PM

Default Re: MIDI not loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The options are only available for a DAW that supports them. If they were there all the time then a user without PT could change them, not only causing issues, but way more confusing.

I'm sorry for the MIDI config issues. Are you saying that now the main issue is that after a change in the EUCON Mackie/MIDI Control panel it says restart but doesn't and you have to do it manually?

I'll get the guys to remove that text from the Footswitch box when not connected. The system doesn't know you have one connected until its activated for the first time, so I agree it would be hard trouble shooting but there's not much we can do due to the way the hardware works.
Regarding item 1 - do like the Pete Gates utility. Warn that PT is running (or not) as benefits the user. My issue is not that it's greyed out, but that there is no clear explanation for why and what the work-around is, unless I should RTFM which I admit I haven't since EUCON was named v2-3.x.

Regarding item 2 - "EUCON restart" has been broken (at least in MY system) for a while. I believe I had e-mailed about this, whether with you or Kyle S, I'm not sure, but I think it was you (Kyle was SO long ago!). On changing the MIDI config, the prompt comes up that says "doing this will restart EUCON" (or similar message). EUCON does NOT restart, though, and I remember when it did (didn't it at one point require a system reboot entirely?). In any case, here, in OS 10.15.7, I simply deleted the working old Mixbus app and added the new Mixbus app. No EUCON restart. Euphonix MIDI device was there in AMS but greyed out as if "not connected". Tried restarting EUCON manually, no dice. Tried rebooting, no dice. Nothing worked except uninstall/reinstall, at which point it worked properly again as it usually does.

Regarding item 3 - used to follow the hardware test screen that indicated that the switch was in an open or closed state. Currently unresponsive and just shows "Footswitch text" or some such static thing, but using the hardware test mode on the Artist Control shows that the hardware is responding properly, and indeed it works for control in PT. Would simply be nice if the text followed the hardware test again, the actual FUNCTION seems to be fine despite the config screen saying otherwise.