View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 08:22 PM

Default Extra metronome pings

I normally have not been using the metronome within Pro Tools because I either have midi files I import that maintain my tempo or I am doing video narration and do not need the metronome.

I started a new session to record a saxophone and needed a metronome to keep the beat. Once I got the time signature, tempo, and beat all set up, I gave it a try.

Then I remember one of the reasons I have not used the metronome in the past. There are extra click happening that do not line up with my meter for the song. This is before even adding a click track. I cannot find any way to control this ping other than turning the metronome off or on. There is nothing in the mixing board that will let me alter the volume as it isn't part of any track.

I have talked with a couple friends who are Pro Tools users and they had no clue as to what was going on. I have started over several times with new sessions and it always happens.

It isn't very loud but it is audible. It seems to be on the off beat and will be very distracting when it comes time to record. I have looked through every setting I could find about the metronome and nothing helped. I have scoured through numerous posts and videos about the metronome in Pro Tools and have found nothing that helps.

Last edited by ArthurSchwieger; 04-18-2022 at 07:02 PM.