View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: S1 knob always writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
HI,

We have a lot of difficulties to make our units repaired or exchanged.
Now we have 3 units that have that horrible knob automation problem and we bought 7 units.

This is the email i've just sent to AVID in our open case : number 04166128 :

As i said before we bought 7 units at Thomann in Germany. They have a 3 years garantee policy so we sent back to them one of the faulty unit.
We just received a message from them that i can translate like that :
"Avid has intensively tested the unit you send to us with all the standards procedures and your unit seems to respond correctly. Please make a video of the problem. The unit is going to be sent back to you..."

How to make a video to a problem that occurs once or twice a day ???
That unit will be sent back to us without any repair or exchange !!

i'm sorry but we are not happy at all with that. This is clearly unacepptable, we need to have those 3 units to be replaced as soon as possible and get back to work. Even if you need one hundred euros, it can be ok, but we can't work in a professional environment with units that erase from time to time the automation work of a week or two !!
We are a post production cinema facility in Paris, and use intensivly automation for our work. The studios can be rented to some other sound engineers. it is clearly impossible to put that units in our studios, now that we have identified the problems.
We don't accept to throw 3000 euros by the window !

Another unit was sent to irland, directly to AVID, with the RMA number you gave to us. We really hope that it will come back, repaired or exchanged,.

Please come to us with a solution of our problem for all that 3 units that are faulty one's. We are not responsible of all that mess that put our facility in trouble, and make our trust for AVid in a very difficult position. "

Hope we have a correct answer...
I am looking in to this for you and will help get it resolved satisfactorily.