View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Bouncing not aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiplex View Post
In a session with delay compensation on and a heavy processing mix bus in place it seems rather obvious to me that there’s a delay. Now I asked you to import that bounced file into a new session to troubleshoot but you wouldn’t try that. In an empty session with zero plugins and delay compensation off , it should snap to grid.
Either way as I said earlier the workflow is to line up the click on import of files using the grid of your preferred daw which makes this irrelevant. If you want the daw to process at near zero latency you need an hdx rig. On native it’s delayed processing for heavy lifting. Anyone with experience in Pro Tools understands latency on processing and this should also hold true for all of those extremely knowledgeable engineers you claim to have discussed this “issue” with!
What is your problem exactly? You seem to be taking this personally? I don't "claim" to be working with experts, I am working with experts who are capable of seeing the problem/issue and working with it. I have been working with cutting edge DAW's since the late 70's. I have worked at some of the best studios in the world and in my experience people who cared about this kind of thing discussed it politely, as I am finding with people with a lot of knowledge and experience who can see what i am pointing to. So, since you seem unwilling or incapable, I will reiterate what I point to in the simplest possible terms:
There is an issue that is 1/3 technical, e.g. a delay compensation/lookahead processor issue that causes audio to be delayed and yet the region strat time remains the same. This is not "Latency" per se because it is not a throughput issue. The second part of the issue is that this amount of compensation can vary depending on how stems and track are being processed, and the 4rd important aspect is that many people who are moving assets by creating stems and just exporting tracks and stems with no sync markers, are assuming sync because of the start time of the associated regions. Why you cannot hear that this might cause some people problems, especially less experienced mixers or video editors or sound designers or people doing complex mixes for audio post, is beyond me.
Yes there are workarounds and yes I am looking at this amongst a group of experts I know and respect after 45+ years working in these areas. I did not ask you to re-post the video, which I have removed and made private so that i can show it to people who actually want to solve it. I have not made a big deal out of it, but it is something that came up on several large sessions, caused some problems and I am dealing with it. I don't know you and I don't care that this seems to have ruffled your feathers, but it amazes me how much negativity and attitude folks can have when the possibility of polite discourse and exploration can occur. I am exiting this thread, have deleted the video and don't care what you think. I wish you luck in your career in audio production.