View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: POW-r 3 Dithering

Quote:
According to what I've read, POW-r 3 has the strongest noise-shaping. BarbaBatch is a wonderful program, but even the people there have said BarbaBatch dithering is less sophisticated, and that PowR 3 dither has better masking ways.

What program would you recommend when using dither?

I know Weiss makes a great converter, but I'm looking for software that will do the equivalent.

Thanks
Hi Dean - I'm not sure I'd let the presence or absence of Pow-R 3 be the deciding factor - it's not the dither that makes the Weiss a fantastic box. While Pow-R is certainly a nice flavor of dither, I'm personally more inclined to use regular flat TPDF dither in most cases (though occasionally on material with lots of dynamic range and low-level material I might desire the heavy noise-shaping of something like Pow-R 3). In addition Waves IDR's different levels of noise shaping all seem to work quite well. What is the delivery destination which you require the dither for?

Best,
rich

----------------------------------------
MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex, OS 10.14.6, PT 2021.10 HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, Avid C24, 3xS1/Dock.
Also running a 2013 nMP / HDX / S6