View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Perpetual to Studio, will it still be "perpetual" when the license expires in 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmant View Post
So even if I renew it with "Studio" level, my Perpetual status will still allow me to keep running PT at the last release level I was at if I let my support lapse years from now?
Yes.

Quote:
I understand the plug-ins that are for subscribed users would drop off.
Only some of the provided plugins "drop off". There is a core set of Avid plugins that remain even after a lapse of an update and support plan. The Avid Complete Plugin Bundle (which is part of the update and support plan) contains (i) the core set and (ii) additional plugins. The last time I looked (which was several years ago) a subscription to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle was $49 per year.

Quote:
It's probably the main reason I never bothered tinkering with Falcon, assuming the rug could be pulled out from under me by AVID (or Falcon).
Thanks.
UVI owns Falcon and whatever contract it had with Avid expired which (I suspect) is why Avid removed it from the Complete Plugin Bundle. For the most part I use third party plugins, although many of the Avid plugins are rather good.