View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Dolby Atmos Production Suite trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
Yep, it will run on a MacBook Pro. Depending on the complexity of your mixes, you may find that it pushes the limit of your machine. But if you have the time to balance CPU power by freezing tracks in Pro Tools and/or doing a mix of online and offline re-renders, you should be ok. Alan Sallabank's series on Pro Tools Expert is a great resource for PT and DAPS. Be aware that there are really three levels of Atmos:

DAPS - single CPU system for making home theater and music mixes

DAMS - multi-CPU system for more elaborate home theater mixes with the renderer (DAMS) on a dedicated Windows machine

DA Cinema - high-end, lease-only multi-CPU system and Windows renderer for mixing films in Atmos.

Not to be discouraging, but I don't recommend releasing anything that you haven't had the chance to hear in 7.1.4. Before I upgraded my studio to 7.1.4, I worked on music mixes with DAPS and then took them to a better-equipped room to finish them. Last November, I connected TIDAL to my rig. AMAZING. There are some great Atmos albums out there.
Just to say that the Home Theatre DAMS runs on a mac mini as well. That's the set up we have.