View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Help! Getting Random Pops while using ADAT/OO2R with PT12.5

Thanks again!

Quote:
Ah, I see. Could his 002R slave to the ISA via adat optical?
With my G5/002R, I had the ISA with digital card hook-up with one optical cable from the ISA into the 002R . 002R control panel set to Clock: ADAT. It was simple and everything work. If for some reason the 002r would be switched back to internal, then I would get the random pops, but as soon as I set it back to ADAT. There was no problem

Quote:
The 002 does not have wordclock. Connect optical to AND from the ISA (both), & set ISA to ext clock via adat optical (not WC)
I couldn't try to connect optical to AND from the ISA (both) in and out. The ISA only has 2 ADAT outputs. On the Hardware Set-up Digi ASIO Control Panel I tried setting the Clock source to both Internal and ADAT. The Optical format its either ADAT or SPDIF , so that's set to ADAT. Pro Tools sees the ASI inputs and I can record, but I get those pops on the tracks. I can draw them out with the pencil tool, but it's a pain.

If I record using one of the 002R inputs , I don't have a problem, only with a track armed to record with ADAT input. I assume PT12.5 doesn't work with the 002R and external ADAT. The 002R and PT 12.5 is only good by itself.

I guess I have to start looking into another interface or the 003R like albee1952 suggested.