View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Windows Playback while using PT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
I'm not sure if you are talking about device sharing or not, but in general, you do not want Pro Tools and Windows using the same audio device.

What you are describing will work fine if you have an external ASIO audio interface in use by Pro Tools. Then you can use something like your internal computer audio, which uses a WDM driver to play back audio on the computer output.

If Pro Tools is defaulting to another audio device when it starts, there is a good chance that you are sharing and PT do not see that as an available audio source, and defaults to something else.
Okay ya gotcha, that's not a problem, but let's say I'm on the road and only use my headphone outs, then I have the speaker out and headphone out available in PT, speaker out selected as default.

But when I select the headphone out and press ok, it just goes back to speaker out, I have to disable the speakers in Window's audio settings in order to use them in PT because PT always goes back to speaker out even though I selected headphone out in the playback engine....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk