View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 002Rack Latency? Intertrack Latency?

I think in PTLE you can switch a track(s) to a "low latency mode", but you can't have any plug-ins on that track while recording, which should be fine for most situations. I would be curious as to how much latency there still is even while in this mode. Maybe one of you that has PTLE with a 002 or rack could do a quick measurement of the latency. I think there is a n easy way you can test this. Set up a session and record something percussive onto track 1, like a kick drum. Then, setup a second track and record enable it in "Low latency mode". Now using a cable patch the analog output of track 1 into the analog input of track 2. Now, setup a third track also in "Low latency mode" and patch the analog output of track 2 into the analog input of track 3. Hit record and the kick drum sound will be recorded onto track 2 and then onto track 3. Then zoom in time wise to see the difference in time/milliseconds between track 1, and 3. This difference in time is the latency? It should be somewhere between 1-100 miliseconds I would think. Let us know. Thanks.