View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 12:22 AM

Default recorded audio files are completely empty after restart of session

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm having a rather spicy issue with Pro Tools.
I'm currently doing lots of remote voice recording sessions. This in itself works like a charm and occasionally I'd have to playback certain passages. This being said I know for sure that my system "works" - I record the audio, I see a waveform, I can play it back and hear that it was recorded properly - what else could you wish for...

Now for some reason the day after the last session when I opened up Pro Tools I couldn't hear these very recorded clips anymore. After a little while of trying around I realized that when zooming way into the waveform it shows an empty file. When zooming out again it shows the very same waveform I had while recording. Also the recorded files in my audio files folder are now just clips of silence (remember I played those files back just the day before - this is without any doubt).

I'm losing my mind over this, just can't get my hear around this one. Anybody experienced this before?

Now normally this wouldn't be that much of an issue as I'm having my voice actors and actresses record as a backup in their DAW as well, but OF COURSE just now the backup recording of one of the voices was corrupted, leaving me with absolutely no usable audio at all...

I would be very glad if somebody could shine a light on this one...

Btw I'm working on Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.12.0 on an 2019 iMac with MacOs 10.15.7 and the remote tool I'm using is session link pro.

Best, Till