View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Confused re Subscription and New Licenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyclash34 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!! I guess that must be what happened, wish I’d caught that sooner. So here’s my next question, per the language in the attached screenshot, active Pro Tools subscribers are being transitioned to Pro Tools Studio at no cost. Does this mean if I allow the currently active subscription to renew on May 17, it’ll continue renewing at $9.99? Tripling the cost per month definitely doesn’t seem like it’s at “no cost” to me.

Thanks again!
Artist at 9.99 a mth replaced Pro Tools FREE ...

they changed the name from Pro Tools LE to Pro Tools to Pro Tools Studio over the years ... and that went from 99.00 to 199.00 per year for a Perepetual License ...

Ultimate is Ultimate ...

the new features are just unlocking Ultimate Features for Studio ... nothing new really ... but they unlocked a few good ones .. Automation Volume TRIM !!! more tracks ... Clip FX ... etc ...

if you ONLY need one License i would update the PErpetual and let the subscription lapse (as was mentioned above) ... you can always get back into Subscription without penalty ... Perpetual, we either need to stay Current or buy a Reinstatement License Code and come back ... but it is 349.00 for that ....

so do some math and see how long you are willing to wait for Pro Tools to have the things you need and have the Bugs worked out ... and then enter your code and come back for One more Year ... i did that - waited about 1.5 years before spedning 335.00 last year to come back .. hoping for Silicon support before may18, 2022 .... not looking good !!! so, i think it will come within the next year, so i will update before i lapse ..

but if you did NOT need that and felt like all is good for now .. maybe take a chance that ther will be Reinstatement Codes available when you will Need one in the Future .. and if so, then maybe grab one now before there are No More available ... now, i though last year that was it, no More Reinstatement codes but here we are and Sweetwater has them !!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro