View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:04 PM

Default Is my 002 dead??

Hi

I set up for a session on xmas eve and have hit a big big problem.
I got in the studio set some levels and everything was sounding great through the desk so I powered up my mac and 002........ Then the problem started

I clicked on PT it started opening and then hit me with a message saying that my digidesign hardware wasnt turned on or connected....

So I started to check everything systematically and try and solve the problem

1) I checked everything was on and plugged in
2) Checked the green light on the back of the 002 was on to see it was connecting to my mac ok (the light was on as always)
2) Tried a different firewire cable
3) Tried the 002 in a different firewire port on the front of my mac instead of the back

after all this the problem still persisted so I booted my mac into another partition with a clean version PT on it which has no 3rd party plugs are anything installed and I got exactly the same problem.... the same message saying my digidesign hardware wasnt turned on or connected.

Has anyone ever hear of this problem before, or kno how I can solve it?
I haven't had time until now to try and sort it out and I have a session booked on monday so getting a little anxious.

Im going to try a complete osx and PT reinstall and see if that makes any difference.

I should point out my 002 powers up fine and all the normal lights that light up before it connects to PT are on, but despite this I really don't think this is a software issue

any ideas or help would be great

thanks
ow