View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 09:42 PM

Default S6L Crashed on me during church service

Dear Avid Community,

I'm a sound engineer based in Singapore, and I volunteer at my local church as a sound guy. At the start of this year, my church enthusiastically purchased the new Avid S6L board, along with all the other necessary Stage Racks, hardwares etc.

I must say that we were really excited when we first purchased the board. The board started off pretty buggy (Channel EQ not working; so much so that I can actually up the highpass filter all the way up but hear no difference at all)

Our local dealer for Avid, IMS Mahajak, did offer their limited assistance to us (such as doing 2 software updates). However, this did not solve the problems that we had.

We just had a biggest failure on Sunday, 4th of December. We were in the middle of a church service, and the entire board froze. There was no error message given to us on the board. We only got the message that we lost communication with network card two. Whatever that was unmuted (Preacher's mic) was still working. But we could not unmute the rest of the band. You all need to understand that my church relies a lot on music. It was during the concluding part of the service where the church prays together with the preacher, with the music. It was really tough for us. The sound crew of my church had to restart the entire system, which took us 3-5 minutes. From then on, the sound system kept having weird digital jitters and clicks.

This only happened when the vendor loaned us another S6L as a monitor board. and introduced a new engine to the loop.

I'm not sure if the guys from Avid can help me out, as I really feel helpless about this, and the local dealers are not at all helpful with this issue.

Thanks guys. I will gladly take any help i can get.

Desperate,

Aaron Cheong

Last edited by aaroncheongweiyang; 12-08-2016 at 04:18 AM.