View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Help!!! Suddenly my HD is unformatted!

Well, it's as bad as it can be. Every single file was in some way damaged, so even after moving the files from the HD to another HD, the songs wouldn't play. This is probably some strange issue with how the files got renamed when the drive crashed, but unlike neatguys above, none of my data was salvagable.

Once again, have I suffered because I didn't use the one or two HDs that Digi recommends? Maybe. How much difference can there be in firewire, 7200 RPM external hard drives? Sheesh.

I wish I could tell if this WAS a problem with the HD, because then I'd go buy a Western Digital or something and hope for the best, but it simply isn't worth the money to be wrong. Every session I've done since getting this rig two weeks ago is lost forever. I can't see how I can risk that again.

Whereas, my crappy P2-450 Windows98 machine running Cubase (which I can barely stand to use) has yet to fail in 4 years. Sure it's crashed occasionally--all software does, but I've never lost a single sequence or song file because of it.

What a complete disaster this was.
ADA-8000