View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Existing Perpetual License Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBové View Post
Thanks Charles -- exactly correct.

Hi, and thanks for wanting to dive a bit deeper there. I am indeed only referring to people who own their individually purchased perpetual licenses.

I’ve been monitoring dozens of forums and social sites... and a lot of folks have been asking questions that made me realize there is murkiness on the customer side as well. Some folks were incorrectly thinking that perpetual licenses are tied to only one version of the app at a time, and that a new perpetual needs to be purchased every time they want a new version upgrade. Other customers were telling me that they heard from outside communities (probably reddit) that Avid was secretly cross-grading licenses from perpetuals to subscriptions, which was not only incorrect, but hurtfully incorrect. Still others were simply not reading the documentation carefully, and filling-in the gaps with completely incorrect assumptions.

So, I wanted to make things as clear as possible.
I remember Avid was asking to surrender perpetual licenses for subs and people would do it unintentionally and lose their perpetual license. Is this not correct?