View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 PM

Default Re: used Hd cards: pcix or express?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
Express is the more powerful system .
If I were you I would consider HDN seriously
HDN with a HD 16x16 analog have sold on ebay for as low as $3500.
A HD1 rig leaves a lot to be desired and may even be a let down for some HD2 not much better. From my limited experience with TDM HD3/4 is where the real potential of TDM kicks in. But I also would be hesitant because of the $900 to $1200 per card TDM still costs now but in a year when HD11 is finally released its my estimate that TDM prices will drastically reduce by half in a month.
But if you dont mind having your investment devalue as much as it most certainly should TDM is a great system.
New MAC PROs will be out in six months and if they get the power boost most assume they will a HDN and new MAC PRO will be a much faster with greater processing resources. TDM will likely not be able to compete with the new MAC PROs even with just PT11 and CPTK .
But its all speculative as nobody really knows for sure

But the fact that HDN will support new releases of PT for a long time to come would get my vote. I wouldn't invest thousands to be out of date unsupported and discontinued a year before you even own it.
Tell me, do the HD native cards handle the audio or is it just an expensive bridge to HD interfaces? In otherwords does the computer handle the plugins but not the audio?

And does the HD native card connect to the old HD interfaces or just the HDX ones?