View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 12:47 PM

Default Re: New "Mac Studio" from Apple

Just 'cuz, I am sticking my $.02CAD in. I bought an M1 Studio Max (64GB, 1TB Internal Drive), to replace a late 2014 27" i7 iMac (which was a wonderful machine). I run PT Studio and a version of Studio One both under Rosetta, booting from an external SSD and a version of Studio One running native from the internal SSD. Although I was tempted to get an Ultra, I did feel the price tag was high and the potential rewards did not warrant the investment. So far (and I will say up front I don't run large track counts, however I do run some fairly hefty VIs, certain presets on UVI Falcon used to kill my i7 iMac), I am happy running both PT and Studio One under Rosetta, I don't really notice a difference between Studio One native and Rosetta, but I haven't really pushed sessions under either one. So I guess... whatever works for you is the right way to go. I also spent a while on line with Apple discussing requirements (mostly audio) and the machine I got was the one they recommended, although they did want me to take one of those really pricey displays (I declined... the new LG works fab)
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)