View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Workflow In Elastic Audio Changed?

Hello!

I decided to experiment with Elastic Audio, for the first time, tonight.

In the video I watched, on YouTube, when the presenter selected "warp view", a series of vertical lines appeared in the selected clip. He identified them as "analysis markers". He then "double-clicked" an analysis marker to insert (convert it to?) an "anchor marker" at the beginning of the clip, then "control-clicked" in an empty area of the clip to insert another to the right, some seconds later into the clip. He used this second "anchor marker" to stretch, or shorten" as he desired. He was using HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NOP-D4RnTU

I followed along as he worked.

I opened a project, selected a clip, selected "polyphonic" as my Elastic Audio mode, selected "warp view", and my "analysis markers" appeared. I dutifully "double clicked" and "control-clicked" in the appropriate places, to insert my left and right "anchor-markers" respectively.

Now, this is where the "fun" starts.

When I dragged the marker on the right, instead of the region contracting or expanding, as in the video, the entire clip moved.

After fiddling for a bit, I discovered, that once I inserted the left marker, "anywhere, I could drag one of the analysis marker to contract, or to expand the region. The difference now is, that when I drag that marker, it becomes an anchor marker. Any further dragging of that marker moves the entire clip.

It seems as though, the beginning of the clip is now automatically an anchor.

Am I missing something?

Thanx!
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!