View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 05:23 PM

Default Re: PT12.1.0 Video Engine Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
Although, I am on Pro Tools 11.3.1 I honestly gave up on this error and don't believe anymore that Avid capable / aware / able to re-produce / care about this issue.
When I see this error message, I try to relax and don't think about anything negative that can take me out of the creative mood in front of the clients.
When it happens, I just smile and say - Avid.

Here is the video to how to reproduce it in PT 11.3.1
Michael, that video is very "interesting" and it looks like it takes a long time for your Pro-Tools to start playback after you hit play. I am on Pro-Tools 11.3 on a Mac and I have never seen this, and I can not reproduce what you are experiencing. I can move regions around all day in many tracks, all over the place, and my Pro-Tools does not do what you are showing in the video. The only thing that I see, is that, if I am on a 2 hour timeline (a full feature film on one long reel) and I jump from the start of the movie towards the end, it takes a bit for the video to catch up (beach ball for a little while) but never as long as what you are showing. How do you make it do that? are you just moving one small audio region around in the same track and only for a little bit and it does it all the time? how can you work like that, it would be impossible. May be there is something incompatible in your system? this is what I use:

Mac 8 core (old machine 2.25Ghz) with only 12 RAM- I will upgrade this machine soon to 2.90 Gig processors and and get another 12 gigs of ram
SSD systems drive
Firewire 800 for video and separate Firewire 800 for audio
Pro-Res 1920X1080 Proxy
dual desktop 1920X1080 screens out of the back of the Mac
Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D feeding HDMI to 60" plasma
Pro-tools HDX DSP 11.3.1

I am extremely busy, my machine is on 14 hours a day 7 days a week and overnight it is always backing up.