View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:59 AM

Default Re: How Different is Post Production?

As Charles said the job seems to be for someone who has experience with a specific technology. Post is definitely a different beast. I do both and the mindset is very different on each. With Post I do not use beat detective or anything like I might use as a music engineer.

Before I started working in post I thought I understood what Post Production and syncronization was. Now that I have been working in Post for the past few years I realize I still have a lot to learn. Some of the biggest challenges at least for me is dealing with all the different frame rates and trying to get them in sync and maintain it through the project. Dealing with all the different delivery mediums and different laybacks that need to be done on each project.

You being a quick learner is a good thing. I feel I am a quick learner also and picked up on most of the things being asked of me at the time but it was not until recently that I started to really understand the why.

Good luck on finding something. I would definitely look into interning at a post house if you can. These seem to be some of the last places that will actually hire a staff engineer.

Mike